Publication of the following pamphlets have been possible through a grant from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The EOLFN project updated the content of these pamphlets which were initially created from a partnership with the Kenora Chiefs Advisory and a financial contribution from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
- Living with a Terminal Illness (PDF)
- Caring for Someone with a Terminal Illness – What to Expect (PDF)
- Caring for Someone with a Terminal Illness – Care for the Caregiver (PDF)
The EOLFN project collaborated with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association/The Way Forward and the Quality End-of-life Care Coalition of Canada to develop and evaluate a culturally appropriate suite of advance care planning tools and educational resources for people living in First Nations communities. These newly developed resources include culturally appropriate pamphlets and posters, guidelines for a community ACP workshop including presentation with facilitators guide and a video that can be used for community awareness.
Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning Pamphlet (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Poster (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Facilitators Guide (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Community Presentation (MS PowerPoint)
- The Time is Now Advance Care Planning for First Nations People Video
- Substitute Decision Makers Pamphlet (PDF)